Music Together Online for Mixed-age
Music Classes for the whole family!
(children ages 0-5yrs)
We have great news! While we are housebound, we will be bringing The Joy of Family Music® right into your living rooms, keeping the TOGETHER in Music Together. Now, more than ever, we need music and some structure to the long days at home. So we’re very excited to be able to offer Music Together Online for Mixed-age over the winter!
We feel strongly that the value and integrity of the Music Together program remains intact with the Music Together Online program. We are music educators with the goal to provide the highest quality music learning experience for your young child.
Our families recognize that we are experts at teaching young children music and are gifted at building community, and our families want to stay connected with their teachers and peers in class during this unprecedented time in America and the world. Parents need us more than ever to help facilitate a creative, playful environment for their child. We offer parents fresh inspiration, and will help you facilitate engaging, educational activities you can do at home during this time of social distancing. And you can join us from wherever you are on the globe!
WAIT, MORE SCREEN TIME?
We know screen time isn’t generally recommended for this age group, but here’s the difference: YOU! When children stare at a screen and passively receive information, they don’t take it in the same way, nor do they learn in the same way, as when they have the active participation of a caregiver or parent. SO, just like in our classes, you’re still the most important part. Your teacher will be on the screen, but it is truly the interaction of the parent/caregiver with their child that is going to continue their music development! We will also give you lots of fun activities and ideas to do at home while we’re all looking for WHAT to do!
WHAT DOES THIS MEAN?
Music Together Online for Mixed-age is a package of online music experiences and resources that create a comprehensive music learning program with the same high quality you're used to with the Music Together program.
Beginning January 4th, 2021, families enrolled for our Winter Session will have access to:
- One 20-30 minute weekly Zoom class with your favorite Heartsong Music teacher and other parents/caregivers and their children who are also enrolled in your Zoom class! Each weekly Zoom class includes songs, chants, dancing, lullabies, and instrument play. Zoom classes will be held at your registered class time. This will be a great way to continue making Music Together with a virtual class, and be live with your Music Together teacher each week. Your teacher will email you an invitation to your weekly Zoom class when you register. It won't be necessary for you to purchase any additional software in order to access this feature. All you will need is a laptop, cell phone, or tablet!
- One 20-30 minute prerecorded video each week. Pre-recorded videos will be posted on our website on Mondays by noon. The video classes will be found on our Enrolled Family Portal on our website. Upon registration, you will receive an email welcome letter with a passcode for the Enrolled Family Portal. You can watch the videos when it is best for your whole family. The videos will be available for the entire 10 weeks of our Winter Session.
- The Winter Session dates will be January 4th - March 14th, 2021. We will be using the BELLS song collection.
- The Music Together BELLS song collection (songbook, CD, download code) will be mailed directly to your home.
- Also found on our Enrolled Families section of our website will be additional videos including musical crafts, lullabies, song covers, parent education, and more.
- Access to videos from our very own Uncle Gerry, exclusively for enrolled families.
- Downloadable family resources (coloring pages, musical games, etc) from Music Together Worldwide website.