Music Together Guitar Class for Grownups was designed for parents and caregivers of children currently enrolled in a Music Together class. In this 90-minute class, you’ll learn basic guitar technique and selected songs from the current song collection so that you can make even MORE beautiful music at home. This class is good for beginners who have never held a guitar—good for people who know a little guitar, and great for people who already play some Music Together songs!
Sing, dance and build technique and musicianship in an organic, relaxed way while learning new ways to explore Music Together songs with your child at home and on the road. And, it’s an enjoyable night out with other parents of small children. The class runs for 8 weeks. Participants receive a workbook and bring their own guitar, capo, and tuner. If you would like to learn to play guitar using Music Together songs as the vehicle, this is the class for you!
The class consists of 4 to 8 adults and the tuition includes a guitar workbook and eight, 90-minute classes.
What's in a class:
• A fun, supportive learning environment for adults that includes many aspects of the Music Together philosophy.
• Instruction in chords, strums and finger picking, and good guitar technique; movement activities to assist with audiating both chording and rhythm; a variety of techniques to build strength, facility with changing chords, and good practice skills; and the opportunity to make up verses and do ensemble work, just like in a mixed-age class.
• An opportunity for parents to socialize with other parents of young children, and an opportunity for the teacher to answer questions about children’s music development as well as guitar technique.
• Small classes and a relaxed group environment that fosters great relationships and participatory music-making
What You Get:
• Students receive a collection-specific Guitar Workbook each semester, with an instructional guide, chord charts, and workbook pages for over a dozen songs, to complement the song collection’s family songbook and recording.
• A family web page, featuring “How to Tune Your Guitar” video and other resources on MusicTogether.com/guitar.
What our families have to say about Carey Youngblood, the instructor for the class:
"I wanted to say a hearty 'Thank You!' for a really enjoyable class over the past 8 weeks. I found your positive energy and tireless effort to make sure all of us were having a great experience to be truly refreshing. Your desire to see us improve and quick compliments to encourage the learning process made it just that much more fun to go to class every Tuesday night."
"I am just thrilled with what I learned in guitar this session and how I've been able to apply it at home with my son. Such a great experience."
Music Together art & logo design © 1992-2017 Music Together LLC. Music Together is a registered trademark. Heartsong Music is licensed by Music Together LLC. For more locations: www.musictogether.com
Copyright 2015 Heartsong Music. All rights reserved.
|Website by Cage Free Media|