Heartsong Music (location map
Tuesday, 4:00 PM
03/27/18 - 05/29/18 (10 weeks)
Rhythm Kids Level 2 is an exciting music, movement, and drumming class for children age 5 through 9. Children integrate and assimilate rhythm into their lives, as they:
• learn multicultural drumming patterns;
• develop new repertoire on various percussion instruments;
• explore movement and dance while singing songs;
• play games based on music and drumming;
• have fun with a host of rhythm activities.
Rhythm Kids Level 2 follows through on the Music Together® vision to help children complete the pathway of early childhood music development from birth through age 9. As part of the Rhythm Kids experience, children and their grownups can enjoy drumming play and practice sessions at home with the help of online play-along videos featuring Rhythm Kids creator Tom Foote.
• Weekly, 45-minute classes
• Animal Collection Songbook and CDs (2 copies) each semester
• Access to online video tutorials and play-alongs
• Learn, create, discover and explore music, movement and drumming
• Enjoy age-appropriate ways to play rhythm instruments (shakers, tambourines, etc.)
• Explore traditional drumming patterns through animal names and movements
• Experience drumming, song, and dance from around the world (Mali, Puerto Rico, Turkey, etc.)
• Find new ways to connect mind, body, and voice through rhythm
• Develop skill in improvising, soloing, conducting, composition, and improvisation
• Participate in active musical games that are both enriching and totally fun! Students should have their own hand drum for use at home (and can bring to class) and drums are provided at Heartsong Music.
Additional information about Music Together Rhythm Kids Level 2:
• Every family enrolled in class receives a Music Together Rhythm Kids edition songbook with activities specially created for 5 through 9 year olds, two copies of the recording, weekly HomePlay activity pages, and access to Music Together's Family Music Zone. There you'll be able to download the songs from the current song collection, in addition to exploring fun content created just for you.
• Younger children are not developmentally ready for the structure of a Rhythm Kids class. To be eligible, your child must have turned 5 by the first day of class.
• While this can be a "drop-off" class, you (or another caregiver) should plan to attend the first and last class of the session. You may attend any and all classes if you wish. However, due to the structure of the Rhythm Kids class, we cannot accommodate younger siblings (except for babies younger than eight months). If you have a child in the Mixed-age class, you can take a class next door while your older child is in the Rhythm Kids class. They are both 45 minute classes.
• Rhythm Kids Classes are led by Carey Youngblood, Alyssa Cummings and Sally Nava. If you have a 5 through 9 year old, we invite you to attend a sample class, to experience the Rhythm Kids program and learn about the changing musical needs of your growing child! You can schedule this free class on our Demo Scheduler or call (512) 371-9506.
Watch the video below for a sneak peek into a Rhythm Kids class!