Heartsong Music (location map
Wednesday, 4:00 PM - 4:45 PM
01/03/18 - 03/07/18 (10 weeks)
Rhythm Kids Level 1 is the next musical step for your preschool child (ages 4–5) WITH a parent or caregiver. Each week we drum, sing, dance, play rhythm instruments, and begin to play music based games. Rhythm Kids Level 1 guides children toward developmentally appropriate music and movement activities, where they can begin to take charge, lead others, and be musically creative, as they:
• make up their own drumming patterns;
• invent new ways to play rhythm instruments (shakers, sticks, etc.);
• create movement ideas for songs;
• and even take a drum solo!
Rhythm Kids Level 1 follows through on the Music Together® vision to help children complete the pathway of early childhood music development from birth through age nine.
Classes are for preschoolers ages 4–5 and include:
• Weekly, 45-minute classes
• Animal Collection Songbook and 2 CDs each semester
• Access to online drum-play videos and other material
Your child will:
• Explore the world of rhythm through movement, instrument play, and song
• Develop basic rhythm skills, like keeping beat, improvising, ensemble play, and soloing
• Learn to create, cooperate, and express themselves musically. Drums will be provided for the class each week (or you can bring your own). Just add hands!
Parent participation is the hallmark of the Music Together program and parents attend with their children. You and your child will receive a songbook, two CDs, and HomePlay activities so that the entire family can continue in the fun and learning at home and you can stay connected with what your child is learning in class.
Enrolled families will also receive a code to access Music Together's Family Music Zone. There, you'll be able to download the songs from the current song collection, in addition to exploring fun content created just for you. To access the Family Music Zone, parents will create an account at www.musictogether.com/account using the code found on the inside back cover of the CD booklet.
Additional information about Music Together Rhythm Kids Level 1:
• Younger children are not developmentally ready for the structure of a Rhythm Kids class. To be eligible, your child must have turned 4 by the first day of class.
• Rhythm Kids Classes are led by Carey Youngblood, Alyssa Cummings and Sally Nava. If you have a 4 or 5 year old, we invite you to attend a sample class, to experience the Rhythm Kids program and learn about the changing musical needs of your growing child! You can schedule this free class on our Demo Scheduler or call (512) 371-9506.
Watch the video below for a sneak peek into a Rhythm Kids class!